FINDING NEMO -- Midterm Project 318: Physical Computing
Essentially, this project is a fish tank that has two
different rows of different colored fish and each row will be doing something
different. I will be using four servomotors and the use of LED’s.
Here are sketches of this mock up.
The first row of fish will be moving in a wave like motion.
There will be two different motors on each side of the line of fish. They will
be attached my fishing line making it really flexible and bendy.
The second row of fish will be moving up and down. There
will also be two different motors on each side of the line of fish, as I intend
of now. They will also be attached by fishing line. Here is where I plan on
using the use of a gear to move the line up and down. I also am thinking about adding an interactive portion. Using a potentiometer the viewer will move the row up and down, that way the viewer can interact with the piece.
The use of the LED’s will be the eyes of a crab. The crab
will be on the ground and the eyes will fade in and out while the fish move.
I plan on making this fish tank out of foam core. Decorating
it to look like a fish tank will be a creative challenge. Mirrors and bright
colors will be used to look like underwater. Of course I can’t use real water but
I plan to use a lot of blue. The fish will actually be light sponges all
painted different colors. Of course one of the fish will look like Nemo, hence
the title of the piece.
Here is a prototype so far.
SUPPLIES TO GET:
foam core: fish tank
light sewing line: for connecting them
sponges: fish and crab


No comments:
Post a Comment